CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
|Assessment:||Multiple choice examination|
|Suggested Progression:||CIEH Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace|
A one-day health and safety course designed for everyone of all ages to be completed at work.
Looking at the basic principles and requirements of health and safety, what health and safety is all about, and the reasons why everyone should know something about health and safety at work.
You will be able to:
- understand the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- have the ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
As an employer, you are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe work activities.
Nevertheless your employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
Interested in hearing how we can help you? Contact Johnson Health & Safety for further details.