CIEH Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice
|Duration:||One-day programme including practical session|
|Assessment:||Multiple choice examination and practical assessment|
A one-day course aimed at those of you who carry out manual handling activities at work.
It introduces you to:
- the hazards of general manual handling
- the risks and controls available
- what to expect from a manual handling assessment
- learning up-to-date manual handling techniques
Essential to every employee who undertakes lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling (manual handling) tasks in the workplace.
You will be able to:
- identify and understand the risks associated with manual handling
- learn the value of risk assessment and how to apply it
- make recommendations to manage risks
- apply the principles of safer handling to a range of everyday manual handling tasks
You will complete this course with a multiple-choice examination paper followed by a practical lifting assessment carried out on each individual candidate.
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be prepared to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer lifting methods and associated tasks in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
Manual handling activities at work are a common cause of workplace accidents and longer term disorders such as back pain and reduced mobility.
Health and safety training often provides a good introduction to manual handling awareness, but the importance of this type of health and safety hazard should be the subject of a focused training session for anyone involved in manual handling activities.
Interested in hearing how we can help you? Contact Johnson Health & Safety for further details.